Thursday, October 02, 2008

Dinner and a Movie

When it comes to anniversary dinners, would you say it's better to take your spouse here or here? I'm asking because I have a really bad track record with such decisions, and I made such a decision last night, having been a little worn down and out of it after a three-day work retreat and a three-hour drive, and both of these were finalist options for dinner, and I'm hoping that I made the right choice.

For the record, we went here, then we went to a movie, Fireproof, which is about marriage and Jesus and whatnot, and which I will not blog about. A week prior we went to see the musical Wicked, which was our big treat to ourselves for this anniversary, and which made for a nice date in and of itself. Suffice it to say, it's good to be married, and it's good to be home.

1 comment:

Becky said...

It appears you made the correct decision. Good job. And yes, it is good to be married.

Both Inspiration and Cautionary Tale: Excerpts from Middling

What follows is an excerpt from the Winter 2021 edition of Middling, my quarterly newsletter on music, books, work, and getting older. I'...