Saturday, October 04, 2008

Shane Claiborne, Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove and Me-Ville

I guess I should have had Shane Claiborne and Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove write my cover copy. Here's echos of Deliver Us from Me-Ville tucked away in the early pages of their new book together, Becoming the Answer to Our Prayers:

The prayer Jesus taught us is a prayer of community and reconciliation, belonging to a new kind of people who have left the land of “me.” This new humanity is an exodus people who have entered a promised land of “we,” to whom “I” and “mine” and “my” are things of the past. Here our God teaches us the interconnectedness of grace and liberation in a new social order. Here we are judged inasmuch as we judge, and forgiven as we forgive.


To my knowledge neither of them has read my book, so consider this a shameless hitching of my wagon to their star. Shane and Jonathan, give me a shout and I'll send you a free book for your trouble.

No comments:

Both Inspiration and Cautionary Tale: Excerpts from Middling

What follows is an excerpt from the Winter 2021 edition of Middling, my quarterly newsletter on music, books, work, and getting older. I'...